Thursday, May 21, 2009

Styling Korean Children's Hair



I don't know about you, but I've had bad experiences going to a salon that doesn't specialize in Asian hair. I have the typical thin, straight Asian hair that lacks body and texture. My Korean children have the same hair so this past year we decided to all start going to a Korean hair salon. We were all pleasantly surprised with our hair cuts as the Korean stylist really knew our hair type as well as fashionable hair styles.

I do warn you that Korean styles tend to be more adventurous with perming and coloring children's hair, so if that's not your thing, make sure you don't give them free reign to do whatever they please. :) For example, Koreans seem to really like perming male hair (young and old). Just look at Boys Over Flowers main male lead with his curly hair do above.

A popular Korean hair salon that has a chain of stores across the US is Kim Sun Young. Here's the link.